Systems Engineer and Administrator at Amazon.com
Are you a senior Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator with strengths in both Windows and Linux? Can you build and automate solutions that empower customers and reduce support costs? Do you have a strong desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology? If the answer to all of these questions is YES, then the Corporate Engineering team at Amazon.com wants to talk to you.
The Corporate Engineering team's mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. We are looking for an Engineer who is proficient in all aspects of system administration and engineering to deploy and maintain global infrastructure services in our enterprise. We own back-end systems that are used by all Amazonians for daily business productivity including: Exchange email, Active Directory, Office Communicator, Sharepoint, System Center Configuration and Operations Manager, SQL server, ActiveSync and Blackberry, Unix LDAP, SendMail servers, IronPort appliances, and remote access VPN systems.
You will be responsible for implementing software applications, monitoring and maintaining critical systems; supporting highly-available systems; capacity planning, coordinating project activities with customer and team members; providing on-call technical support and technical consultation to Amazon.com internal customers.
You must be comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in an agile environment. Our engineers are level-headed, top-notch performers that demonstrate composure, love working as a team, and proactively take the lead whenever necessary.
Proficiency in all aspects of system administration and engineering of Microsoft *Windows technologies to deploy and maintain global infrastructure services in our enterprise with an emphasis on the platforms listed above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of driving projects to completion
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
- Linux systems administration and engineering, including Fedora Directory Services LDAP
- Experience administrating Linux-based email systems and email firewall appliances
Amazon.com - 7 months ago
Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com) operates retail Websites and offers programs that enable third parties to sell products on its Websites. The C...