The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, California and your community!
The California National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a military technician position military members who are currently receiving a military Reenlistment/Extension Bonus (REB) or GI Bill-SR Kicker may lose incentive eligibility and may be subject to termination or suspension of incentive (includes indefinite and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES: Current military members of the Army National Guard, Army Reserve or Regular Army
Military Grade of E6 Through E8
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive IS NOT authorized IS NOT authorized.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS ) is NOT authorized, based on determination that PCS move is not in the Government best interest. Position Requires Infrequent/Rare
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Compatible Military Assignments: MOS 15
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers on a day-to-day or project-by-project basis, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders, in accomplishing the work operations of the organizational segment or work shift and to perform associated nonsupervisory work. The occupation and grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10.
GENERAL: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor WS-8852-09 : In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, must have 36 months of specialized experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel; Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function; Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes; Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledge's, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Ability to plan and organize the work of the assigned organization.
2 . Ability to meet deadlines.
3. Knowledge of aircraft repair functions.
4. Ability to work with others.
5. Ability to oversee and train subordinate supervisors, to deal objectively with workers and render sound supervisory decisions.
6. Ability to devise new methods.
Conditions of Employment:
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé . THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - : http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 60 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...