We are seeking an experienced Engineering Program Manager to support our client near Honolulu, Hawaii. This is a 6 month, salaried position, with a possible 12 month extension. |
Softtek offers a generous benefits package for our consultants, with no waiting period.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager with experience in demand response or energy efficiency programs. This position reports to the District Manager and would be based in Honolulu, HI.
This role will be varied and exciting. It will include program development, contract development and management, marketing, delivery to customers and ensuring programs deliver energy reduction objectives and stay on budget. In addition, This position will be responsible for performing customer site audits, evaluating building management systems, and documenting the steps that can be taken to shed load during Demand Response events and to gain overall energy efficiency.
There is wide scope for individuals to develop themselves, their team and the program in this role. This position will be challenged to use your solid business judgment, technical expertise, P&L experience, and creativity to lead a team that provides high quality program implementation to area utility customers.
- Management and oversight of contracted program implementation.
- Monitor quality and integrity at all levels, and key metrics.
- Some local travel required.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with client staff.
• Achieve revenue and profit plans.
- Develop internal and subcontractor team members, and trade ally support network.
- Coordinate monthly contract reviews, budget and estimate process.
- Perform energy audits of commercial and industrial facilities.
- Work with facility engineers and other parties to determine electrical load connected to and capable of being controlled by existing building management systems (BMS).
- Recommend course of action including assessment of the opportunity and risk areas. Estimate demand response potential and provide detailed descriptions of the project scope and savings analysis.
- Understand the capabilities of different building automation systems to effectively deploy curtailment strategies.
- Develop demand response execution strategies, business rules and triggering algorithms that needs to be programmed in the Building Automation System (actual programming will be performed by trained technicians).
- Confirm that connected electrical load responds to command signals from the BMS.
- Determine that total connected load at a commercial site is of sufficient magnitude to qualify for participation in the program.
- Properly document audit findings and communicate findings to building facility managers and engineers.
- Work with facility managers and engineers to develop a mutually agreed upon load shed strategy for each audited facility.
- Commission & test the Auto DR system for expected load shed quality control purposes.
- Provide any necessary technical support for customers.
- Provide training to the customer on how to use the auto DR system, including how to access and use My Site page in the Demand Response Automation Server (DRAS).
- Follow up with customers regarding technical problems that may arise.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree OR equivalent experience (degree is strongly preferred)
- 5 years of management experience with client engagement and P&L responsibility
- HS Diploma or Equivalent is a must
Softtek Company Summary:
- PE or CEM highly desired
- Energy efficiency / utility demand management experience in the Commercial and Industrial Sectors
- Able to work professionally with and support facility managers and engineers
- Experience with building energy management (BMS) systems including, but not limited to, lighting, HVAC equipment and systems, hot water systems and other sources of energy consumption within commercial and industrial facilities
- Information technology (IT) - Basic knowledge to coordinate with site IT manager regarding firewall access, internet connectivity, and other issues related to implementing a Demand Response strategy.
- Understanding of facility power distribution schemes for lighting and building controls
- Must be familiar with reading blueprints (architectural, electrical, and mechanical - including equipment schedules)
Founded in 1982, Softtek is a global provider of process-driven IT solutions with 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With nine Global Delivery Centers in Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina and Spain, Softtek helps improve time-to-business-solution, lower costs of existing applications, deliver better engineered and tested applications, and produce predictable outcomes for top-tier corporations in over 20 countries. Through on-site, on-shore and its trademarked Global Nearshore™ service delivery models, Softtek teams with CIOs to constantly increase the business value of IT. Softtek is the creator and a leader of the nearshore industry.
We aspire to transcend as a leading global provider of IT and business process solutions, forging longstanding and mutually beneficial relationships built on a foundation of earned trust. We will build our future by being a well-grounded and socially responsible company, with a profitable track record, delivering innovative high quality services, driven by a passionate, human-centric culture.
US Operations Corporate Offices:
3636 South Geyer RdSunset Hills, MO 63127
o Application-Related Services
o Business Process Outsourcing
o IT Infrastructure Support
o Software Products and Associated Services
o Softtek is a preferred service provider for several Fortune 500 organizations
o Top-tier corporations in the markets where we operate
Awards and Distinctions:
o SEI CMMi Level 5
o Six Sigma Corporate Program
o IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 List®, 2009, 2010, 2011
o 10 SAP Award of Excellence in “Best Regional Partner” category
o Named as a "Strong Performer" for SAP Implementation services by Forrester
o Globalization-2010 Award for Performance, GE GDC Program
o BusinessWeek Emerging Outsourcing Players
o ISO 9001:2008 (for Procurement Services from Aguascalientes, Mexico and for “Design, development, support and IT application improvements” in Argentina)
o ISO 9001:2008 Certification (for Development, Maintenance & Application Support in Brazil)
o Gartner Best Solution Delivery Award 2004
o The Global Services 100 - Top Company to Watch South of the Border 2007 & 2008 and Top Company to Watch in Latin America 2006 by neoIT and Global Services Magazine
o Great Place to Work® Institute’s Best Places to Work For: Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico
o Only Latin-American company in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Offshore Application Services 2006 & 2007
For additional information, visit our website at www.softtek.com
For other employment opportunities, go to: http://www.softtek.com/en/unitedstates/jobs-usa-canada
Softtek is the leading Near Shore® service provider for North America, as well as Latin America's largest private IT service provider....