The Department of Design and Construction’s Information Technology Services Division is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to oversee the rollout the agency’s new Project Management Information System (PIMS). PIMS is the agency's new integrated capital project management application built on the SKIRE Unifer software platform. Key responsibilities will include:
• Function as technical lead of the PIMS Team responsible for the project management and mentoring of PIMS staff related to the implementation and enhancement of the system.
• Collaborate with business unit application owners, application development staff, technical operations staff, quality assurance and consulting staff to ensure successful project delivery.
• As necessary, responsible for key project deliverables, e.g., building proofs of concept, business requirements documentation, project plans, test scripts, issue tracking and change management logs.
• Monitor and address defects found during development to ensure high quality is achieved in transitioning code components to QA and improving quality earlier in the software development lifecycle.
• Manage consultants, contract requirements and resources in the software development lifecycle activities (design, code, unit test, and integration testing) for the successful (on-time and on-budget) delivery of application projects.
• Communicate with third-party software providers, evaluate third-party software, tools and packages for use within the environment, develop technical statements of work (SOW), negotiate software contract terms and conditions, develop and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and service level agreements (SLA) to ensure successful application software implementation and user adoption.
• Monitor team activity and ensure that all deliverables are on time and within budget and with high quality.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Experience with Skire Unifier and/or Oracle Primavera, Meridian Prolog, SQL Server.
• Minimum 7+ years experience in a software engineering or applications developer position with complex information technology applications.
• Minimum 10 years in a Project Management role responsible for large and medium scale, custom application software system implementations.
• Experience with capital construction project management protocols.
• Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal and the ability to interface with multiple organizational levels.
• Excellent planning skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, solid and professional problem solving abilities.
• Skilled in all phases of project management: definition, design, development, testing, and implementation, working knowledge of MS Project required and MS Excel.
For City Employees, please go to Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Recruiting Activities/Careers and Search for Job ID 114094.
For all other applicants, please go to NYC Careers, and search for Job ID #114094
Do not email, mail or fax your resume to DDC directly. No phone calls will be accepted.
30-30 Thomson Ave L I City Qns
New York City Residency is not required for this position