The Material Control Supervisor -- Pre-Series Supervisor-Entry level position is a transitional role ideal for new college graduates. This position will be a two phase process starting off as a Pre-Series Supervisor in phase one and move into a Material Control Supervisor in phase two.
The Pre-Series Supervisor (technical) is a corporate-based position with focus on building an understanding of Chrysler systems and processes to ensure material availability for pre-production builds. There is the potential for temporary assignments at our plant in US, Canada and Mexico. The Pre-Series Supervisor will work closely with the supply base and various functional areas (ex. Purchasing / Supplier Quality / Engineering) across multiple platforms to identify, prioritize, and resolve supply issues in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
The Material Area Supervisor (leadership) is a plant-based position where experience gained as a Pre-Series Supervisor is applied to support material flow and part delivery for production while on the plant floor. The Material Area Supervisor will supervise employees, develop team leaders and interact with all levels of plant personnel in a fast-paced environment. The focus will be on achieving results in accordance with basic (WCM) World Class Manufacturing principles in order to ensure record integrity, drive innovation and champion continual improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Chain, Material or Operational Management, Business Administration or equivalent degree completed by May 2013
- Computer proficient (spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications)
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to surpass business objectives and exceed customer expectations
- Available to work any shift with a flexible work schedule
- Able to travel 61-80%
- Able to travel within US, Canada and Mexico
- Previous manufacturing or supply chain experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills
Chrysler - 24 months ago