POSTITION: Assistant Plant Manager (Hands-On)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
LOCATION: 7820 N Leadbetter Rd, Portland, Oregon, USA
POSITION TYPE: Full time, Salaried
SALARY: 45K-80K, depending on Experience
We are looking for a "hands on, lead by example Blow Molding Assistant Plant Manager". If you don't have any experience in Blow Molding and a passion for the plant floor, this is NOT the position for you. This position will serve as a blow molding technical resource when there are problems. While we have other technical experts, we want someone who is a “roll up their sleeves and work where problems happen” kind of manager. The successful candidate will take direction from the plant manager and is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance, employee relations in a high performance work team environment, capital improvements and budget preparation. The job demands monitoring production performance and implementing processes, procedures, and methods to improve results in all key functional areas. Position is also responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for all production activities. The position is also accountable for preventive maintenance, equipment repair, and maintenance performance and systems.
The successful candidate will be strongly considered for the Plant Manager position within 12-18 months.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all production scheduling, Manage overtime, Minimize inventory, and Reduce costs.
- Ensure all planned KPI’s are met or exceeded.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned Downtime hours.
- Manage quality control program to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure PM's activities are completed timely. Coordinate plant equipment maintenance and repair. Support machine installation or removal as needed.
- Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S, TPM, 6 Sigma or Lean Manufacturing.
- Train, Direct, Develop, Coach, Counsel or Discipline Employees as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager, and review disciplinary action by supervisors for effectiveness and consistency.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed GMP’s and 5S processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred, but it's possible to consider experience in lieu of a degree.
- 7+ years of hands on Production and Plant Management experience in a blow molding of bottles, custom blow molded products, cosmetic blow molded products, or automotive blow molded products.
- Exceptional work ethic and dependability
- Superb management abilities, with the ability to hold people in the plant accountable without driving them out the door.
- High energy level required, Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong oral / written / interpersonal communication skills
- Tactful interaction with peers, subordinates, vendors and customers
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, coach and develop individuals and teams
- Ability to remove team barriers to ensure achievement of all Key Performance Indicators
- Sound technical skills in blow molding processes and the ability to set blow molds, run production, trouble shoot, do sample runs, understand needed tooling changes to bring parts to print, and so forth. Experience with Sidel and Husky equipment highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical piping systems including compressed air and cooling water
- Experience and knowledge of electrical system preferred
- Knowledge of continuous improvement programs such as 5's, TPM, or Lean Manufacturing
- Conduct business of a High sense of Urgency
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for production efficiency analysis and communication and procedure writing.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Evergreen Plastic Container (EPC) is an Oregon-based manufacturer of PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic containers for food and...