Bucknell University seeks a Project Coordinator to join the Facilities Department. The department is committed to supporting Bucknell's Campus Master Plan in guiding the University in constructing new buildings and spaces, conserving energy, managing water use and enhancing the landscape. As we adapt our residential liberal arts environment to fulfill our mission in the 21st-century, this plan will ensure that Bucknell remains one of the most beautiful and functional institutions of higher learning well into the future.
The Project Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Associate Director for Maintenance, independently provides a full range of project management services and contract management on small projects and works closely with the Facilities Assistant/Associate Directors, project managers and managers on larger projects. In particular, the Project Coordinator is responsible for project coordination and minor project management supporting a 2.7 million GSF, 150 plus building, 550 acre campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
With a strong construction/maintenance background well-versed in the means, sequences, and techniques of residential, commercial, and institutional building construction, maintenance and repair, the Project Coordinator coordinates project details with faculty, staff, students, Facilities trades, the Construction and Design group, Facilities Assistant/Associate Directors and Managers, contractors and vendors to ensure work is completed expeditiously and with high quality and customer service.
- use detailed memoranda, meetings and telephone calls to effectively communicate with Facilities personnel and campus constituents to capture project scope and address issues/concerns
- guide potential project scope development for a wide variety of maintenance and construction projects involving various building, utilities and electrical systems.
- ensure code compliance during project development, coordinate construction schedules, provide guidance with respect to product specifications, etc., including working with other Facilities personnel to specify equipment and materials for use as University standards.
- use CADD software to accurately capture project scope in support of project design and construction support.
- develop and maintain software based project schedules in support of project administration and management.
- liaison with the Construction & Design group and Facility Services Assistant/Associate Directors and Managers on technical matters including, but not limited to, carpentry, roofs, paint, HVAC/Utility, electrical systems, and general finishes, including reviewing design specifications and drawings, to support project execution.
- ensure conformance with existing, or assist in developing, design standards and specifications (e.g. roofs, paint, HVAC, electrical and mechanical equipment, and general finishes) for use in new construction, renovation and upgrade projects.
- prepare project estimates for use in developing and prioritizing budgets and programs within the annual Facilities Capital Budget.
- oversee and coordinate project completion tasks, including system commissioning, as-built verification, O&M manual distribution, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. ADMINISTRATIVE: Assists in programming and scope development for a wide range of projects. Provides oversight and coordinates activities of University trades staff and contract personnel. Assist Assistant/Associate Directors, project managers and managers with contract scope and negotiations, negotiation/implementation of change orders, and conflict resolution.
2. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: Serves as engineering and technical resource to the Facilities Operations and Maintenance groups. The Project Coordinator is relied on to interpret IBC, ADA, LEED, and other pertinent codes and design standards.
3. PLANNING: Meets with colleagues, peers, trades and technical staff, and contractors to determine scope of work and scheduling restrictions. Coordinates plans/projects/shutdowns with departments and constituents to provide uninterrupted service to a myriad of customers.
4. ESTIMATING: Develops detailed estimates for materials, equipment and personnel necessary to complete a project or maintenance task. Coordinates cost estimates with budget to ensure projects are completed within funding allocations.
5. PROCUREMENT/CONTRACTS/FISCAL CONTROL: Specifies and purchases materials and products to meet University standards and specifications. Continually monitors costs to ensure projects and maintenance tasks are completed within budget. Maintains accurate cost accounting records.
6. CONDUCTS MEETINGS: Schedules and conducts meetings, communicating results and informing constituents of progress, schedules, and other details.
7. OTHER DUTIES: Performs other duties as assigned in support of University operations and special events.
Two-year degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or related field.
Four years of commercial/institutional experience in facilities construction/maintenance/project management.
Well-versed in the means, sequences, and techniques of residential, commercial, and institutional building construction, maintenance and repair.
Proficient in using CADD or equivalent software.
Ability to use MS Office and scheduling software to develop and maintain a multitude of projects and tasks including preparing spreadsheets, project schedules, budgets, drawings, specifications, contracts, memoranda, letters, etc. and read schematics and blueprints.
Ability to work independently and as a team member; take initiative; and use good judgment.
Ability to analyze problems and manage resources to complete projects and implement solutions timely.
Ability to communicate effectively through detailed memoranda, discussions, meetings and telephone calls, and interact with faculty, staff, students, Facilities trades and technical personnel, and contractors to capture project scope and to address issues/concerns.
Excellent customer service skills.
Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
A valid driver's license.
A post offer criminal background, driving record check, and drug screening will be conducted.
Physical & Environmental Demands
1. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
2. Ability to move around work sites including climb ladders, scaffolds and walkways; enter/exit trenches, crawl spaces, confined areas and elevated areas.
3. Use proper safety equipment for ears, head, eyes, feet, hands and body protection.
4. The person in this position works indoors and outdoors. There is daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature changes.
5. This position is classified as part of essential services. The individual is required to report to work even if the campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed otherwise by a supervisor or when the individual has concerns related to their personal safety.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an appealing Victorian-style town ranked as one of America's best small towns. Lewisburg and the surrounding region offer a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, small-town charm, and appealing amenities such as restaurants, art galleries, an art deco theater, museums, and boutiques. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Bucknell University, an Equal Opportunity Employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.
Bucknell University - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -