Join one of the Fastest Growing High Technology Companies in the US! Cognizant’s Retail vertical is seeking a talented Delivery Manager to join its growing eCommerce team. This role will support a key Retail client, located in Houston.
The Delivery Manager will undertake the overall responsibility for the development and delivery of new and/or existing software products while working with the product managers, technical architecture, quality and the development team. The role involves managing and leading highly skilled architects, team leaders and product developers in an onsite /offshore delivery model to ensure timely delivery of products and related deliverables. The position is techno-managerial and will require strong exposure to technology and new tools.
In addition, key responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Client facing and capable of liaising with key customer technical and business stakeholders to drive decisions and consensus
- Co-ordinate through the onsite and offshore development leads all delivery activities and acts as the escalation point for all development issues specific to projects
- Provide overall development project leadership and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes and code quality metrics
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the overall progress of projects, having a risk assessment and mitigation plan in place for further communication to senior (client) management team
- Lead and mentor development team in requirements analysis, features scoping and backlog scheduling for multiple intermediate milestones until the final delivery
- Lead and mentor development team in accurately projecting efforts, resource requirements, risks, constraints in project management related activities
- Implement standards & best practices for software development and ensure process compliance
- Responsible for managing the simultaneous development and maintenance of different versions of each software product. Should be conversant with release engineering, build and multi-releases
- Responsible for analyzing resource requirements, recruitment and succession planning
- Responsible for training and mentoring of the development team and monitoring their performance throughout the project
- Participate, as required, in steering committee meetings, senior executive meetings and other such events
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 12+ years of experience in managing technical teams involved solution architecture, technology architecture, database design and software application design
- Experience in managing and delivering multiple related projects at the same time is required
- Management skills, including project management capabilities, are must
- Excellent people management skills along with excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills are necessary
- Strong Agile implementation experience in an onsite/offshore delivery model
- eCommerce domain experience is preferable. Other mission critical, high volume web applications experience will also be considered
- Ideally someone with IBM Websphere Commerce Server or similar eCommerce platform /technology background
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology and consulting services. Cognizant’s single-minded passion is to dedicate our global technology and innovation know-how, our industry expertise and worldwide resources to working together with clients to make their businesses stronger. With over 50 global delivery centers and approximately 155,000 employees as of January 1, 2013, we combine a unique global delivery model infused with a distinct culture of customer satisfaction. A member of the NASDAQ-100 Index and S&P 500 Index, Cognizant is a Forbes Global 2000 company and a member of the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top information technology companies in BusinessWeek’s Hot Growth and Top 50 Performers listings. For the third year in a row, Cognizant has been named to Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list, and has been named as one of the fastest growing high tech companies in the US.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...