Wargaming is looking for a Web Services Engineer. This individual will provide assistance and support to the Game Infrastructure Team as well as Game Team.
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of multiple Web servers containing numerous game infrastructure services.
- Service availability and performance monitoring.
- Performance improvement.
- Fast and effective diagnostics and resolution of problems arising out of daily web services usage. Solving issues effectively with minimal possible downtime.
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
- Interaction with game team on various tasks that lie between game servers and Web.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Experience of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu etc) administration and operation
- Solid shell scripting experience (sh/bash). Knowledge and ability to use basic Linux command
- Experience with Apache/Nginx/MySql/MemCached
- SQL language – query creation and optimization.
- Knowledge of Python is preferable, however experience with other languages such as Perl/PHP/Ruby are acceptable
- BS in Computer Science or similiar degree.
- Django & Fabric
Gamasutra - 30+ days ago
Wargaming.net is a privately held strategy game development company founded in 1998.
In early 2000 Wargaming.net launched its first commer...