DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including
agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
The 84-year-old DuPont Belle plant is located just outside Charleston, WV and employs more than 400 DuPont employees and about 150 resident contractors. Boating, hunting, golfing, and fishing are the primary outdoor hobbies of many site personnel. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team. They thrive in a collaborative, market-driven environment that rewards business savvy and scientific street smarts.
Site businesses include:
The site produces a wide range of products and applications found in plastics manufacturing, home and personal care products, crop protection chemicals, automotive products and industrial manufacturing. Some DuPont products
- DuPont Chemicals & Fluroproducts
- DuPont Crop Protection.
manufactured on site include Methyl Amines, DMF/DMAC, DME/DMS, Glycolic Acid, Vazo® and Hexazinone.
Currently the DuPont Belle plant has a need for experienced Electrical and Instrument Mechanics.
To troubleshoot, maintain and repair Electrical equipment, field instrumentation, general electrical facilities, analyzers, and lighting.
Perform construction E-I work, dismantlement and installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
- Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and install level, pressure, flow, and temperature transmitters.
- Remove, Disassemble, Repair and install Automatic valves
- Read and understand electrical blue prints and loop sheets
- Troubleshoot and repair Motor control centers and starters
- Repair ISO Quality instruments
- Repair/replace TOC analyzers
- Calibrate/replace Ph probes
- Basic tubing installation - measure, cut, and bend
- Review/update job/safety procedures
- Hookup and disconnect motors
- Troubleshoot and repair DCS equipment
- Check, repair, calibrate, and assemble conservation vents.
- Pull cable and wires through conduit or cable tray, terminate wires in cabinets.
- Measure, bend, fabricate and install field conduit and cable tray
- Mount equipment to steel or masonry using drills and rotohammers, including overhead and elevated positions.
- Fire alarm system PM and repair.
- Operate a manlift safely.
- Cut, install, terminate electrical tracing and components.
- Install and repair plant PA systems.
- Climb stairs, fixed ladders and portable ladders.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
- High School Education or GED Equivalent
- Must be able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, Nomex®, protective eyewear, faceshields, Arc protective clothing and SCBA (Self Contained breathing Apparatus).
- Must be able to work in a High Hazard environment including adverse weather, elevated, confined spaces, extreme temperatures and a noisy environment
- Must be able and willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds. frequently, 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 55 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to Stand, Walk, Stoop, Bend, Kneel, Crawl, reach overhead, have excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Must have experience navigating and utililzing Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must attach a current resume detailing experiences
- 2 to 3 years of industrial experience
- Previous maintenance experience and knowledge of chemical process operation and instrumentation skills
- Journeyman Electrical Certification
- Ability to perform basic calculations involving Algebra, Geometry, and Ohms Law.
- Ability to read and interpret Schematics, Procedures, Manufactures' Literature, Safety Requirements, General Instructions and have the ability to learn and detect process deviations
- High Voltage / OSEL experience
- Experience with Job Safety Analysis
- Experience with Lock Out Safety Procedures
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus
- 5S involvement and understanding
- Demonstated Strong Troubleshooting Skills
Electrical & Instrument Mechanic
North America-USA-West Virginia-BELLE PLANT [DUPONT](2511)
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...