Control System Technologist/Engineer-1303124
Organization : Electronics & Energy Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Alabama-Decatur
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Control Systems Engineer for the Display & Graphics Business, Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations Division.
Job Summary : The person hired for the position of Control Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for providing engineering expertise and technical assistance in the area of control systems with a focus on installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing PLC’s, Drives and HMI’s.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Provide daily technical assistance to maintenance, process and production personnel in diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining root cause failures.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain, upgrade or replace legacy platforms.
- Lead cross functional teams to recommend, initiate and complete control system improvement projects.
- Provide control system theory and programming training to maintenance electricians, control system technologists and control system engineers.
- Support corporate, division and plant engineering groups with the planning and installation of capital projects.
- Ensure accuracy of plant electrical documentation including elementary drawings, process flow diagrams and P&ID drawings.
- Location: The person hired for the position of Control Systems Engineer will be located in Decatur, AL and relocation assistance will be available within 3M policies.
- Minimum of Associates and/or Technical degree or higher from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of five years of experience with the installation of electrical control systems is required
- Experience working with Siemens PLC’s and/or Drives is required
- Bachelors degree or higher in electrical engineering from an accredited university
- Controls engineering experience in a films manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with IFIX scada systems is preferred
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 16 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...