Title: 2012 Summer Internship - IT
Location: US-NY-New York
Standard & Poor's invites you to take the first steps towards a rewarding career and to be apart of a global organization where you will develop the skills you'll need to succeed. At Standard & Poor's you will be immersed in on-the-job training, working alongside devoted and experienced professionals, and discovering what it's like to make an impact.
Standard & Poor's is the world's premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two-dozen countries, S&P is valued by investors and financial decision-makers everywhere for its analytical independence, market expertise and thought leadership. For 150 years Standard & Poor's has been an integral part of the global economic infrastructure. Its operations provide essential information to nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed to make informed investment decisions.
Qualified candidates should be enrolled in a four-year degree program at an accredited college/university and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Due to the technical nature of this position, a Computer Engineering or Science background would be ideal as intern will need to be able to think analytically and must have good problem solving skills.
Additional qualifications include:
- Techinical Skills*
- Core Java and J2EE programming (mandatory)
- Web programming (beneficial)
- XML experience (beneficial)
- SOA experience (beneficial, but not essential)
- MATLAB programming (beneficial, but not essential)
- C programming (beneficial, but not essential)
- Technical skills listed will be required during all aspects of the internship
- Analytical / problem solving abilities
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong communication skills (e.g. able to work with user community and collect requirements)
- Actively seeks challenges (takes initiative, adapts to change quickly)
- The S&P Summer Internship Program is PAIDJob Type: Systems/Technology
Job.com - 21 months ago