The primary responsibility for this role is the operational support and management of our HP Server Automation toolset (OPSWARE). This role will maintain the application as well as aid other department users, such as the Wintel and Unix team. This individual will work with the Database and Middleware automation tool (HP DMA) and Operations Orchestration (HP OO). These three components make up Amgen’s management software and will be maintained by this individual.
• Maintains and manages HP Server Automation, HP Database and Middleware Automation and HP Operations Orchestration
• Provides technical leadership and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be a delivered on an ongoing basis.
• Performs necessary systems maintenance in accordance with HP best practices and Company change management policies.
• Designs system migration architecture as required.
• Responsible for Runbook Design, Development, and ongoing updates.
• Provides ITIL Process Planning as applicable.
• Recommends changes to procedures which result in operational optimization
• Participates in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience
Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience
Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience
• 10 years of overall IT experience in medium to large environments focusing on Unix and Wintel Administration
• 5+ years extensive knowledge in the HP Server Automation suite of tools (OPSWARE)
• Ability to grasp problems quickly and apply experience for problem resolution and provide recommendations
• Strong skills in integration of related technology with business and computer systems
• HPSA Certification
• Unix Administration (RedHat)
• OPSWARE Certification
• Windows Certification
Amgen - 18 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...