UNT Dallas - the first public institution of higher education in the city - offers faculty and staff the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.
Director of External Relations and Economic Development
Provide leadership and management support to the University's legislative, community relations, and economic development agenda with primary responsibility for advancing high priority outcomes in the economic development area.
- Establishes ties with various businesses, civic and other organizations and individuals in the area to improve relations with UNT Dallas and further mutual objectives
- Collaborate with the City of Dallas to implement, monitor and update the UNT Dallas area Master Plan.
- In consultation with the President and community leadership, develop and implement an economic development plan which benefits the community at large and the university
- Collaborate with UNT Dallas academic leadership and the UNT System's Office of Governmental Relations to establish state and national legislative priorities and their respective achievement
- Collaborate with local corporations and educational entities to establish internships and cooperative education agreements
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit targeted corporate and foundation gifts with particular emphasis on those which involve a community partner
- Serve as a primary liaison for UNT Dallas leadership to are mayors, directors of economic development, city county officials, and other directors of external relations
- Represents UNT Dallas at various community functions and meetings as needed
- Collaborates with the President and members of the executive council on special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of University Advancement
Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Extensive knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions
- Must exercise considerable independent and professional judgment in matters of significance
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Master's degree in Public Administration or related discipline
- Seven to ten years experience in community , corporate, or university relations, and have a track record of achieving results and developing positive relationships
UNT Dallas seeks an experienced, dynamic, visionary leader with the passion to fulfill the mission of the university. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting:
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
- A cover letter outlining your interest, experience, and qualifications
- A comprehensive résumé
- A complete contact references for at least three references
- An online application at: http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/postings/207
Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 students to 2300 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas, already among the most diverse universities in the nation, accepted its first freshman class in Fall 2010. For more information about the university, go to http://www.unt.edu/dallas .
University of North Texas is an AA/ADA/EOE
HigherEdJobs - 3 years ago