Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
Sabre Travel Network’s Architecture Group is looking for a Software Architect/Developer who can help creates world-class travel solutions for millions of users. As a member of an experienced and capable team, you’ll be able to combine your innovative ideas and your technical skills to bring concepts into reality for one of the largest travel technology companies in the world.
- Lead research and development efforts, such as proofs of concept and prototypes
- Apply architectural and engineering principles to propose solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify appropriate hardware and software for those proposed solutions, based on price, performance, service agreements, and organizational constraints
- Gain concurrence on those proposed solutions with diverse business and technology staff across the organization
- Provide technical expertise to formulate level-of-effort estimates, work breakdown structures, and technical resource plans
- Specify architecture, design, and coding standards
- Assist managers with identifying key performance measures for service level agreements
- Participate in creating the vision for future-state architectures, and in setting technology strategies and enterprise standards
- Propose new technology specifications and ensure that these are designed for optimal utility, leveraging existing technologies where possible
- Foster team awareness and appropriate adoption of emerging technologies
- Serve as a recognized subject matter expert for new and emerging technologies
- Mentor junior team members in new technical skills
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master's degree preferred.
Skills and Experiences must include:
- Must have 8 or more years of software development experience in all technology tiers
- Additional professional experience will be considered as a substitute for academic degrees for strong candidates
- Demonstrable expertise in software engineering methodologies such as object-oriented design and design patterns, and Agile software development, with their associated toolkits
- Top-notch analytical and interpersonal skills, including problem-solving, persuasion, negotiation, and conflict resolution, working comfortably with dynamic priorities while understanding the importance of meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including analysis and design documentation and presentations, for worldwide business and technical audiences (executive management, corporate staff, and customers)
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be proficient in a substantial subset of the technology skills listed below, and must be willing and capable to become proficient in new technologies quickly
- Advanced knowledge of building and deploying Java-based enterprise solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Java SE, Java Servlets and JSPs, JDBC, XML, JMS, JSON
- Advanced knowledge of designing and coding for high-performance web applications
- Advanced knowledge of web services, on the server side as well as on the client side
- Experience with SOA, ESB, LDAP, MQ, SAML, SSL, UDDI, WSDL, WS-Security
- Proficiency in XML and its role and application in complex software projects
- Experience with Operating Systems such as iOS, Linux, Windows 7 and 8
- Experience with Application Servers such as J2EE Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat
- Experience with Databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Familiar with Development Environments and Languages such as Android SDK, C/C++, Eclipse IDE, Objective C
- Familiar with cloud-based web solutions, Big Data architecture
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...