Material Handler III - Hach
HACH COMPANY (www.hach.com) is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support.
We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. As a recognized global leader in the industry, we have enjoyed strong, consistent growth year over year. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Purpose of Position:
The primary role of this position is to retrieve, stock, and verify materials in high bay warehousing environment for timely fulfillment of internal and external customer orders. This position uses industrial material handling equipment typical of high bay warehousing and is also intended to execute the material handling services throughout facilities. Material Handler III's are expected to share expertise and serve as a mentor to other Material Handlers. This position may be a Lead role for Material Handler I, Material Handler II, and/or Material Hander III positions. Specific duties may vary based on location. Hours would be 2pm - 10:30pm M-F. OT is required.
- Prepare and deliver materials to designated locations.
- Use of manual and/or powered equipment to pick and place product. This may include picking and placing materials manually or assisted in high bay locations.
- Accurately perform computer transactions to ensure product availability for external customer orders.
- Pick all customer orders to attain quality and On-Time Delivery (OTD) goals.
- Replenish stock on the Carousel, grocery store and flow rack locations as required to fill customer orders
- Receive order requests from internal customers.
- Pick components to fill internal customer orders within a two-hour timeframe.
- Transfer/charge supplies to internal customers.
- Place raw chemicals in the designated locations in a timely manner according to storage regulations.
- Ensures FIFO of materials moving through the facility.
- Performs warehouse verification and consolidation.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy. Reconciles inventory discrepancies.
- Perform cycle count duties for assigned inventory items.
- Ability to perform Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) transactions as directed by planner/manager.
- Keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Completes daily reports, audits and cell boards.
- Works with manager to ensure proper order management and planning to meet quality and OTD.
- Executes Kan-Ban and DMP processes in work area
- Responsible for Material presentation, Kan-Ban management, and 5S.
- Mentor junior team members.
Education, Background, and Skill Requirements
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, physical testing and a complete background check which could include credit history.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years previous related experience.
- Requires high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Extremely high level of mental attention.
- Must have basic math skill.
- Ability to effectively train others.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities.
- Must be able to operate a diverse variety of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to handle a large variety of tasks and multiple tasks at a given time.
- Must be able to work and make good decisions independently and as a team.
- Quick decision-making based on fact required.
- Must be able to prioritize and follow through with tasks.
- Computer and keyboard experience required.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions.
- Must have a strong understanding of ERP and transactional processes.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Kan-Ban and DMP processes.
- Requires associate to pass fork truck driving test.
- Knowledge of Hach products helpful.
- Ability to maintain good driving record.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer.
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $13 Billon in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, and Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools). Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity. Culturally, the company operates in a highly de-centralized model with an extremely lean corporate structure. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 5-years with impressive financial performance.
Manufacturing / Operations
North America-United States-IA-Ames
Danaher is a well-diversified industrial and medical conglomerate whose products test, analyze, and diagnose. Its subsidiaries design,...