Completion of an approved basic arrthymia program.
Formal Education / Training:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Completion of an approved basic arrhythmia program.
Critical Care Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Network Computer System; GE Telemetry Units and Arrhythmia Computer; Fax; Copier; Multi-line Phone; Pneumatic Tube System; MediTech OE System.
Ten Bed Critical Care Unit with thirty-two telemetry units.
1. Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
2. Able to sit up to twelve hours.
3. Able to observe CRT screen for up to twelve hours.
1. Interpret cardiac rhythms.
2. Notify appropriate person of rhythm changes.
3. Maintain telemetry records.
4. Initiate and organize patient’s medical record.
5. Process physician’s order.
6. Documents legibly with correct abbreviations and spelling on correct forms in a timely manner.
7. Organize and maintain work area.
8. Notify appropriate departments of equipment failure.
9. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment using supplies judiciously.
10. Receive and direct incoming and outgoing information in a professional, courteous manner.
11. Collaborates with appropriate health care team members to assist the coordination and delivery of patient care in a timely manner.
12. Maintains position specific qualifications / Attends mandatory in-services.
13. Attend additional continuing education programs.
14. Facilitate staff development and assists in orientation of new employees.
Williamson Medical Center - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard