Title Clerks handle information regarding motor vehicle registration and processes legal and other state-required documents. Employee processes incoming and outbound titles in an efficient and accurate manner. This candidate must be administratively adept and organized with handling files and maintaining documents. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of DMV laws and regulations as related to vehicle titles
- Verify accurate title VIN, odometer reading, release of liens, “free and clear” title and that titles contain no alteration.
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer, using keyboard or scanner and following format displayed on screen
- Answers telephone and provides information relating to title work.
- Ensure titles are delivered to appropriate party.
- Researching and responding to title questions, problems or errors
- Makes follow up calls to dealerships in a timely and professional manner
- Provides prompt and courteous service. Demonstrates friendliness and greets every internal and external customer.
- Resolves customer complaints. Advises supervisor of all serious complaints/incidents.
- Maintains a professional appearance and maintains all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety.
- Practices and promotes teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Makes recommendations for improvement in procedure and process.
- Ability to understand urgency and work under strict deadlines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience at a car dealership, auction or title agency is preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adept at navigating various computer applications, familiarity with basic data processing
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluation of decision or preparing information
- Ability to do simple arithmetic computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer or on the phone for extended periods of time, as required.
American Credit Acceptance - 9 months ago