Under the direction of the Business Administrator or designee, the Staff Accountant is responsible for performing diversified and complex administrative/accounting duties in support of federal, state and private agency grants and contracts and various other departmental funds. the Staff Accountant also provides administrative support to Administrator in the areas of account reconciliations, monthly financial reports and budget preparation.
- Maintain computerized accounting reconciliations for the accurate management of funds
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation to University’s Financial Reporting system
- Ensure that accounts are not overcommitted or overspent and that budgetary guidelines are followed
- Prepare expenditure projections
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of funds for departmental reserve and sub-accounts as well as other department accounts. Post earnings
- Process consultant agreements, travel vouchers, PO’s and invoices; coordinate the preparation of Accounts Payable source documents for payment; monitor expenses for timeliness and appropriateness; refer problems to the Administrator
- Ensure accurate and timely reallocation of all Procard expenses. Involves overseeing and training department secretaries acting as re-allocators
- Act as resource for extramural funding, providing information and assistance in obtaining and completing required forms and necessary approvals
- Provide administrative assistance to department administrator and the recognized designee in their absence
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 3 years accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial documents such as system reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills needed to present or communicate effectively with all levels of management
SUPERVISION RECEIVED :
Under the direction of the Business Administrator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment
This temporary position could last up to one year.