1. Assure castings are in a condition suitable for inspection, verify that paperwork is complete and matches casting.
2. Able to inspect castings as required using Optical Comparator, CMM, Surface Plate, Height Gage, Sine Plate, etc.
3. Selects and loads the appropriate programs into the CMM.
4. Follow Work Instructions to position castings on the automated CMM.
5. Initiates and monitors programs; operates CMM computers and equipment.
6. Responds to computer instructions and error messages during CMM operation.
7. Change and Calibrate measuring probs.
8. Evaluate CMM computer inspection reports for consistency with PCC and Customer specifications.
- Review reports to determine necessary rework. Mark parts, and make part maps for rework operations.
- Supply reports and documentation on compliance with specifications.
- Adjust coordinate system to "Best Fit" or "Balance" castings for Target Machining.
9. Must be capable of "Turning On" new and updated programs.
1. Requires a thorough knowledge of inspection principles.
2. Must be competent in using all types of hand measuring devices.
3. Must be able to work all types of parts (i.e. Medical, F-22, NASA).
4. Must have good organizational and problem solving skills.
5. Strong blueprint reading, work instructions understanding and math skills are required.
6. Must have the ability to work closely with engineering and management.
7. Must be able to work varying shifts and overtime.
1. Requires a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Strong inspection background and math skills in algebra and trigonometry.
3. Be able to receive Dimensional Inspector Level II Certification with in 1 year.
Precision Castparts Corp. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...