GaN Corporation is seeking a Systems Analyst/Business Systems Programmer, in anticipation of contract procurement, to perform technical work using both standard and non-standard analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Works closely with the test officers to design, create, test and maintain Army database and associated applications.
- Determines customer requirements for the final program or system.
- Analyzes problems in terms of such factors as user requirements, input data and form, output data and form, available computer configuration, processing turn around time requirements, input and output checking, and overall problem schedule requirements.
- Advises on computer requirements and limitations to help define automation needs. May provide advice on system design configurations, procedural and technical aspects of automated records, hardware acquisition and maintenance.
- Develops and writes machine or other suitable source language instructions required for computer processing.
- Produces comprehensive prose and flow chart descriptions of proposed solutions to problems, based on systems analyses.
- Carries a project through the design, coding, and checkout phases, as required.
- Appraises techniques in which qualified, and indicates the manner in which solutions can be developed.
- Analyzes and recommends methods of improving the efficiency of existing programs.
- Performs data modeling and establishes databases.
- Develops pseudo codes, tables and narrative descriptions to implement changes.
- Modifies internal program structure of files and records and determines sequence of actions.
- Decodes, tests and documents programs.
- Writes procedural guidance to be followed by users.
- Maintains files, records, and operational data and prepares periodic and/or special reports and various other documents pertaining to assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in:
- SQL Databases (such as Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access)
- Generation of Database Forms and Reports (via Access Visual Basic, C#, etc.)
- Data Security (such as user access control, data backup.)
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, be team spirited, have strong relationship building skills and be able to work with diverse personalities.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, and facilitation.
- Experience with DOD weapons system testing preferred but not required.
- Experience in requirement analysis, design, and coding methodologies; database design approaches; documentation standards; configuration management; DOD software policy; and DOD test and evaluation requirements.
- Experience with VB, VBA, .Net, SQL 2005 , web based applications.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a computer-related discipline.
- Vaild U.S. driver’s license required.
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.