The IT Ops, Engineering & Support department or "IT" for short is responsible for possessing a detailed understanding of operations, architectural design and infrastructure and communicating the benefits of digitization of business to our function leaders.
- Overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit.
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units.
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
- Works closely with the assigned user community to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage.
- Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management. .
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of project management experience, plus formal training in scope management, risk management.
- Advanced scheduling and software quality best practices. Most application development project managers are at the journeyman level.
- A valid Nevada Gaming License is required and must be obtained before entering this position.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
Wynn Las Vegas - 19 months ago
What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former Mirage...