The IT Ops, Engineering & Support department or "IT" for short is responsible for possessing a detailed understanding of operations, architectural design and infrastructure and communicating the benefits of digitization of business to our function leaders.
- Overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit.
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units.
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
- Works closely with the assigned user community to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage.
- Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management. .
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of project management experience, plus formal training in scope management, risk management.
- Advanced scheduling and software quality best practices. Most application development project managers are at the journeyman level.
- A valid Nevada Gaming License is required and must be obtained before entering this position.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former Mirage...