Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The Senior Financial Analyst position requires an experienced analyst to coordinate and prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasting reports. This position is also responsible for analyzing and providing financial results. Additionally, this position is responsible for completing special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take the lead in coordinating and preparing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and 5 year plans.
- Partner with budget owners to ensure the budgets are complete and accurate.
- Prepare the monthly financial reporting package for internal management and Corporate.
- Analyze monthly financial results compared to budget, prior year, and forecast to ensure financials are accurately stated and provide variance explanations.
- Analyze financial details to identify and report trends to improve efficiencies.
- Help develop value added financial reporting systems for managing business performance.
- Provide meaningful analyses, including ad-hoc reports, to internal customers as requested.
- Assist in the preparation and review of capital appropriation requests by providing accurate capital investment calculations of IRR, breakeven and net present value in accordance with company guidelines.
- Assist with the monthly accounting close process.
- Assist with audit and tax requests.
- Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance of all organizational policies and procedures, current accounting standards, state and federal regulations, GAAP, and internal controls.
- Assist in providing technical guidance and training to employees on accounting procedures.
- Assist with development of accounting policies and procedures in all areas of responsibility and ensure controls are adequately designed to achieve control objectives.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide procedural guidance to junior level accounting position(s).
- Interface with other Bard divisions and Corporate.
- Special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive budgeting and forecasting activities, with a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills needed, including the ability to create and manipulate data in linked spreadsheets, create pivot tables, and prepare detailed analyses.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reporting information and to take appropriate corrective action.
- Solid understanding of the time value of money concepts (e.g. NPV, IRR, etc.) and capital spending evaluation and prioritization concepts (payback vs. NPV etc.)
- Working knowledge of internal control requirements.
- Take initiative and be proactive in addressing issues.
- Good organizational skills, including close attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a proactive manner under tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various intricacies of the accounting processes, and how the accounting activities interrelate to the company’s operational and financial processes.
- The ability to work effectively in a high growth environment and a rapidly changing organization.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills required with the ability to span from detailed thinking to strategic thinking.
- Must be flexible, with an ability to work in an independent, pro-active manner, and with a team.
- Must possess highest degree of integrity with strong ethical values
- Ability to work cross functionally and with all levels in the organization.
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Manufacturing and/or research and development company experience.
- ERP system experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
C. R. Bard - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...