QVine Corporation provides mission and technology consulting, software development and system integration services across the Intelligence Community. Take your career to the next level and join our team to make an impact on National Security!
Systems Engineer—Level 1
Identifies system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments.
Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. May supervise other technical personnel.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
• Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
• Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
• Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
• Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
• Analyze and study complex system requirements.
• Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
• Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering ( CASE) tools.
• Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques. Supervise software configuration management.
• Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization.
• Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
• Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
• Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
• Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
• Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
• Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
• Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
• Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
• Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
• Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
• Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
• Ability to quickly acclimate and gain a thorough and comprehensive understanding of our enterprise functionality
• Proven experience and knowledge of large and complex physical networks and network operating systems,
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience in the following:
• Proven expertise with core Microsoft Windows enterprise component to include: Active Directory ( including software deployment), DHCP, DNS, DFS, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows 7, SQL, NAP, Exchange, Forefront, SCCM and SCOM
• Experience with 32 and 64 bit architectures
• Experience integrating and maintain multiple technologies from various vendors ( Citrx, RSA, Juniper, ESX, VMWare, etc)
• Experience and familiarity managing Windows enterprise resources hosted on a virtual environment ( ESX, VMWare)
• Experience with Enterprise storage technologies
• Prior experience or familiarity with software development tools, scripting and programming, ability to effectively troubleshoot new and existing software packages, scripts and in-house developed system utilities ( i.e. Java scripting, Powershell scripting, etc)
• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator- HIPS, HBSS
Required Skills and/or Certifications : Microsoft Certified Master ( MCM) with Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008 Directory ( AD Experience and familiarity transitioning a Windows Server 2003 AD structure to a Windows Server 2008 ( including Server 2008 R2)
An active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required for this position.
QVine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
for this position, please send your resume to Jobs@QVine.com