It is the primary responsibility of this counselor to recruit transfer and nontraditional students for Spalding University’s Adult-Accelerated Program (AAP).
Over the past thirty-three years, Spalding’s Adult-Accelerated Program has grown to become the “gold standard” for quality adult education. Students come from diverse backgrounds. Many are returning to school, transferring from other colleges and universities or have no former college experience. Our AAP provides all students with a learning environment that fosters intellectual, spiritual and professional development.
This counselor will provide comprehensive admission and enrollment information to prospective AAP students and other interested parties as needed. In an advisory capacity, this counselor will facilitate transcript review and evaluation for newly admitted students. As the primary point of contact for future students, this counselor must also be familiar with the financial aid process and the many student-support services available to students of Spalding University.
In addition to recruiting students, this counselor will maintain ongoing relationships with representatives from various educational institutions – including regional community and technical colleges, and other universities. This counselor may also serve as the liaison between admissions and other academic areas or department(s) within the University.
Implementation of recruitment initiatives requires that counselors work some evenings and weekends and be available for occasional regional travel. Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
? Maintain active contact with prospective students from inquiry through enrollment.
? Review and evaluate academic transcripts of incoming transfer students
? Develop and maintain relationships with representatives of various educational institutions.
? Attend college fairs and other recruitment events and provide information about Spalding University (history, academic programs, campus life).
? Serve as liaison to select academic area(s) and/or other University department(s).
? Participate in specific on-campus recruitment and community events.
? Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, plus a minimum of two years recruiting experience in an academic or similar environment.
• Experience in planning and implementing recruitment activities, evaluating admissions applications/transcripts, conducting informational presentations and the facilitation of prospective student interviews is required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills (by phone, face-to-face, E-mail).
• Competent familiarization with the Microsoft® Office Suite - Outlook®, Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, etc.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple demands and analyze information with minimal direct supervision.
• Must be able to lift twenty-five pounds, posses a valid, state-issued driver’s license and dependable transportation.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and solve problems for diverse groups, including prospective or current students, fellow counselors and support staff, alumni, and other constituencies.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by large workloads, deadline pressures and high performance standards.
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status.
Human Resources Assistant
845 South Third Street
Louisville, KY 40203
City of Louisville, KY
- 2 years ago - save job
Spalding University is a private liberal-arts institution in downtown Louisville, Kentucky. Independent, coeducational, and fully...