Position Title: Training Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Division: Advancement Services
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
The Training Coordinator is responsible for the organizational development and administration of a comprehensive program focused on the identification, design and implementation of employee training initiatives within the FSU Foundation, Seminole Boosters and the FSU Alumni Association.
- Develops a variety of training programs and delivery methods, curricula, assessment tools and materials, job aids and manuals based on organizational needs
- Identify and assess learning opportunities, performance gaps, engagement issues and training needs
- Actively engages in the design, communication, implementation and measurement of training efforts
- Identifies, develops and reviews alternative, cutting edge training delivery vehicles such as on-line, in-house, subject matter expert development, etc.
- Develops and coordinates on-boarding training program for new employees to include creating a “cross-cultural” experience between all direct support organizations
- Develops corresponding training opportunities as part of the career-mapping process
- Assists in the development of an employee rewards and recognition program
- Utilizes evaluation data, determines program improvements, and makes modifications, as necessary
- Tracks and provides the ROI on employee training
- Researches and remains informed of industry related best practices, working collaboratively across business lines to implement improved and efficient procedures
- Markets and promotes internal and external training programs
- Develops program performance and learning objectives to provide a standard against which program content/curriculum and delivery may be measured for effectiveness of training
- Promotes a service oriented, creative and positive work environment
- Protects confidential information
Education & Experience
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in higher education and/or fundraising environment with knowledge of fundraising techniques and principles strongly preferred
- Knowledge of training methodologies with 3 years of professional training experience preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing and public speaking
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills, exhibiting the ability to balance competing priorities and complex situations, handle multiple deadlines in a timely manner, and work calmly in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse audience of personnel; building and maintaining effective relationships
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Bend body downward and forward by bending legs and spine, so as to crouch or stoop.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hands.
- Pick, pinch or otherwise work primarily with fingers.
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Perceive the nature of sounds, receive detailed information through oral communication, made discriminations in sounds
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the right or left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
Council for Advancement & Support of Education - 15 months ago