The responsibility of the Assistant Resident Services Director is to support the Resident Service Director in the supervision of the Assisted Living Department by providing for the residents’ needs; coordinate, train and supervise the Care Staff in the Assisted Living Department. Maintain excellent services, high occupancy, and follow State regulations, care policies and Love Management Company Policies and Procedures. Working with the Care Team, the Assistant Resident Services Director will participate in developing a care plan for every resident. Will participate in overseeing all phases of the operations of the Assisted Living Department including general administration and physical maintenance. All actions of the Assistant Resident Services Director must be in strict accordance with Love Management Company Policies and Procedures with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the owner’s goals.
Ongoing communication between the Resident Services Director, the Assistant Resident Services Director, the Care Team, the residents and their families is critical to the welfare of the residents. The Assistant Resident Services Director will work closely with the other departments of the Property and maintain good communications with those departments. The Assistant Resident Services Director must keep in mind that maintaining excellent service, quality, high occupancy, effective communications, and high resident and staff satisfaction is always the goal of the Property.
Areas of Responsibility
Supports the Resident Services Director in:
- Ensuring the safety of all the residents, their visitors and the staff of the Assisted Living Department regarding infection control and life safety.
- Implementing and maintaining an accurate record for each resident in the Department.
- Interacting with the resident’s physician, pharmacist, medical personnel and families/responsible party as needed and required.
- Monitor overall health and well being of the residents and evaluate resident’s condition according to State regulations and LMC policy. Immediately report all changes in resident’s condition to the Community Director.
- Supervising the storage, distribution and discontinuation of resident’s medications.
- Maintaining current knowledge of State and local regulations and if appropriate, ensure total compliance with all regulations and requirements.
- Maintaining 100% compliance with the appropriate Federal, State and local regulations applying to Assisted Living and comply with all surveys conducted by the licensing authority.
- Continuously training the Care Team in resident care activities and Assisted Living requirements.
- Training the property staff in infection control procedures including bloodborne pathogens by developing a Property bloodborne pathogen plan.
- Managing administrative duties of the Assisted Living Department.
- Maintaining Department compliance with the operating budget through use of purchase order system and budget control procedures (including Manager’s prior authorization on capital expenditure purchases).
- Establishing good working relationships with residents through ongoing use of Allegro Policies.
- Holding scheduled Department meetings for training or communication purposes.
- Establishing and following emergency and risk management procedures for the Department and train personnel accordingly.
- Participate in hiring, training, motivating, supervising and evaluating all Department personnel. Maintaining Department staffing schedules.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Approach all encounters with residents and staff in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- In charge of the Assisted Living Department in the absence of the Resident Services Director.
- Assist residents with care activities.
- Supervise the Care Team in giving day to day care of the residents (i.e., bathing assistance, illness recognition, etc.).
- Perform nursing procedures as outlined by State law.
- Participate in monitoring the overall health and well being of the residents.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Observe residents for any changes in condition and report same to the Resident Services Director.
- Working closely and maintain daily communications with the Resident Services Director in administrating and managing the Department, so that a continuity of care and services is maintained for the residents.
- Interact with the resident’s physician, pharmacist, medical personnel and family/responsible party as needed.
- Maintain an accurate care record of each resident.
- Document medications and other issues appropriately as outlined in the policy and procedures and as required by State regulations and professional standards.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all State regulations and residents’ rights.
- Meet customer service standards in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner with resident satisfaction a priority.
- Hear and respond to the resident emergency call system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work full-time, on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
- Availability by phone or page 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Some weekend work.
- Licensed RN or LPN in good standing with the State Licensing Agency.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and State officials and general public.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no sign or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
-Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices): Walking, reaching, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures, read and write to college level, communication with residents and personnel, remain calm under stressful conditions, hearing emergency and call system of residents.
ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING - 19 months ago