Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in computational methods for drug discovery and development, is looking for an exceptionally talented senior computational chemist to join our drug discovery group. The successful candidate will become part of a world-class, multidisciplinary drug discovery team working on both collaborative projects with pharmaceutical/biotechnology partners and in-house efforts to improve and apply drug discovery computational methods.
Schrödinger was founded on a technological breakthrough, and scientific excellence and innovation remain the company's main drivers. Schrödinger scientists work closely with scientists from industry and academia to create cutting-edge solutions to solve real-world research problems.
- Actively participate in internal and collaborative drug discovery projects
- Share computational chemistry expertise with other members of the group
- Work closely with the internal software development team to improve Schrödinger’s drug discovery technologies
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, or biochemistry
- At least 2 years of relevant post-Ph.D. computational modeling experience in lead discovery and lead optimization
- Extensive experience in structure-based drug design
- Experience in at least two of the following molecular modeling areas: virtual ligand screening, computationally driven lead optimization, ligand-based drug design, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, quantum mechanics, cheminformatics, or ADMET/QSPR
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to apply computational expertise to multiple collaborative projects
- Demonstrated track record of extraordinary accomplishments in the field of drug discovery
- Exposure to one or more other disciplines of relevance to drug discovery, such as synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, formulation, biochemistry, physical chemistry, or analytical chemistry
- Scripting: python, perl, or shell
- Experience with chemically aware databases
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
Schrödinger is an equal opportunity employer.
Schrodinger - 30+ days ago
Schrodinger LLC is a private company headquartered in Newyork. Schrodinger offers a range of molecular modeling programs for drug design. Sc...