RJMetrics is a hosted business intelligence platform targeting the SMB ecommerce and SaaS industries. Our company is backed by some of the most successful technology investors in Philadelphia, New York, and Silicon Valley. Our customers include the most successful and innovative names in online commerce today: Fab.com, Threadless, Bonobos, Hootsuite, and more.
We are a small team tackling big problems. We want to scale hardware more efficiently. We want to transform data into valuable insights faster and more efficiently. We want to do this by deploying new code rapidly and continuously.
You'll work closely with developers to build rapid deployment into all of our services. You will put tests, alerts, and other safeguards in place to make sure we can move quickly AND reliably. You'll work with our hosting partners to specify and setup new hosted servers, monitor system performance and implement improvements. You'll ensure backups are completed and available when needed, and you'll make critical services highly available. You'll help developers with their virtualized development environments, and you'll help design and implement the next generation hardware platform to allow us to scale into the future.
In return, you will get to enjoy the perks of working at a fast-growing technology startup. You will get to build your own working environment with whatever hardware, software and furniture you need to be most effective. You will be given a stake in the company's success through stock options, along with a competitive salary, plus medical, vision and dental insurance paid for by the company. If you're here late, we'll even throw in dinner. Most importantly, you will help define the future of a promising company.
- Keep our production servers running optimally
- Build tools to automate repetitive administrative and development tasks
- Make our hardware and software highly available
This is a full time position located on site.
- Passion for all things Linux
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ssh, git
- Experience running a website in a production environment
- Programming experience and scripting skills (one or more of these: bash, perl, python, ruby, etc.)
- Amazon AWS experience a plus
- Puppet or Chef configuration experience a plus
- Hadoop/HDFS administration experience a plus