Library Fund Development/Public Relations Assistant
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
NAMPA PUBLIC LIBRARY
*This is a temporary/part-time position appointment lasting up to 24 months*
February 13, 2013
Please post or otherwise make available the following information. The City of Nampa Public Library has an opening for part-time Library Fund Development/Public Relations Assistant .
The City of Nampa is committed to ensuring equal opportunities to all individuals. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resource Director at 468-5437. TDD Relay Service: US West 1-800-377-3529 or 7-1-1.
Salary : $14.66 per hour, no benefits.
Hours: Flexible, up to19 hours per week with varied schedule, may include weekdays, evenings and weekends.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to perform at a high level of administrative support to the Nampa Public Library and fundraising arms of the library by participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events, while providing excellent customer service, and a pleasant, safe, and healthy environment for the Nampa Public Library. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with the assigned supervisor, other City and library employees, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general library environment.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
1. Suggests methods to improve fundraising operations, efficiency and service to the community.
2. Performs continual evaluation of processes and procedures for the fundraising development for the Nampa Public Library.
3. Participates in training as needed and provides needed information and demonstration of fundraising development.
4. Helps the departmental team and fundraising arms of the library develop goals, actions plans and time tables to achieve such goals.
5. Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
6. Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files online and/or on database.
7. Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed, update and correct database records.
8. Assist with research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
9. Coordinate productions and mailing of appeal letters.
10. Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as needed for fundraising events.
11. Handle all administrative details associated with the fundraising arms of the library (prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes and other items as needed).
12. Maintains donor contact calendar and schedules meetings on behalf of fundraising team.
13. Develop and maintain library and fundraising online presence.
14. Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
15. Participates in departmental meetings and planning.
16. Provides daily communication to Supervisor so that responsibilities are done in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
17. Supports and adheres to all City personnel policies and procedures, and makes sure all departmental procedures are adhered to.
18. Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
a. Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions as required, and remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas.
ESSENTIAL RELATIONSHIP EXPECTATIONS
1. Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
2. Responds to citizens’ questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner.
3. Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
4. Is punctual and timely in meeting requirements of performance, including attendance standards and work deadlines.
5. Communicates information and states concerns in a clear and professional manner.
6. Respects the opinion of others and demonstrates a reasonable relationship with employees, supervisors and others.
7. Accepts and performs in a timely and effective manner changes in work assignments and/or how work is performed
Thorough knowledge of library functions, rules, policies, and procedures.
Substantial knowledge of the general purpose and function of the Nampa Public Library.
Ability to organize and prioritize work
Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
Ability to use library equipment employed in all phases or functions of assigned duties, including basic computer operation, microfiche, microfilm, and copy machine.
Ability to solve problems using diplomatic resolution strategies.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language.
Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions, use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions, and prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations.
Ability to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks and the ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
Integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
Associates Degree in Library Science, Business Administration, or closely related field
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATION:
Experience in an academic, non-profit and/or development environment preferred.
Sufficient finger or manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone and related equipment and use primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Sufficient clarity of speech or other communication ability with or without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to communicate effectively and convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
Sufficient clarity of hearing with or without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Sufficient visual acuity or other power of observation with or without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form and perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND PERSONAL MOBILITY:
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to function within a general library environment
Light work – exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
Special Conditions : The City of Nampa has a Drug/Alcohol Free Workplace Policy. Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test, background check and driving check (if applicable to position).
Dates to Submit Application : Application and position information may be found online at: www.cityofnampa.us . Applicant must submit an online application; resumes will not be taken in lieu of the application. Position will close on February 26, 2013 at 5:00 P.M.
The City of Nampa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
City of Nampa - 23 months ago