ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - FACILITIES
CLOSING DATE: 3/11/2013
provides leadership in the storage, inventory, record keeping and access to all files, records, drawings, specifications and other building data for all construction, renovation and modification projects for all APS facilities.
This position reports to the Director Capital Projects.
- Manages all efforts to maintain accurate and up to date files and records and provides access to all drawings, specifications and other building data for all construction, renovation and modification projects for all APS facilities through film, paper and electronic media utilizing AutoCAD 2010
- Acts as the liaison for the school district between architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, Georgia Department of Education and other school personnel in the maintenance and up keep for record documents for all facilities and capital improvement projects
- Performs field surveys of school and administrative sites and buildings in response to requests for additions, renovations, modifications, portable classrooms or other district initiatives
- Prepares construction drawings and specifications for additions, renovations, modifications, portable classrooms or other district initiatives at school and administrative buildings utilizing hand drawing methods and AutoCAD 2010
- Works with local jurisdictions to assure that in-house design projects comply with all codes and ordinances and secures permits and other approvals
- Manages and inspects in-house designed construction projects for compliance with construction documents
- Provides copies, scans and transmittal of drawings and other project documents as required
- Prepares budget, cost estimates and schedules for in-house designed projects
- Performs other related duties as required
- Associates Degree in related field required
- Bachelor's Degree Architectural Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience with Auto CAD (Computer Aided Drawing) methods
- Work experience in commercial and construction planning
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an architect/engineer office or for a facility department of a large institution
- Georgia driver's license required
- Auto CAD 2000 or higher certification preferred
Atlanta Public Schools - 4 months ago
Atlanta Public Schools is one of the top-performing urban school systems in America. When students pass through our doors and embark upon a...