This Information Technology Associate supports a team that is responsible for a wide range of applications and information systems that support PolyOne’s Global Pricing and Product Management departments. This position provides daily break-fix support and the development and implementation of new capabilities in the ERP and Vendavo system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively look for ways to apply technology to improve business or IT processes
- Work with Business Leaders to define requirements and priorities
- Develop and implement technical designs to meet business needs
- Contribute in various projects from concept to completion
- Aid in the delivery of an integrated, quality business systems platform
- Gain exposure to domestic and international business processes and IT systems
- Assist in driving the implementation of reports, interfaces and data conversions
- Provide daily break-fix support and the development/rollout of new capabilities.
- Use each support call / project as an opportunity to train on effective use of PolyOne’s systems
- Provides documentation of SAP configuration, design and implementation elements allowing for efficient support and knowledge transfer.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Information Systems
- 1 to 2 years of experience preferred (internship experience applicable)
- Relevant certifications (SAP, LSS, APICS, etc.) are a plus
- Demonstrates a customer focus
- Emphasizes operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Flexibility to handle changing requirements and multiple projects
- Strong communication skills; Comfortable working with different levels of organizations.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and go outside of comfort zone
- Results Focus
- Problem solving/decision making/sound judgment
- Team Player - values others
- Professional demeanor – confident, outgoing and assertive
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills are required
- Project management skills / exposure
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Computer skills: Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.