Senior DBA – SQL Server Windows
Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL
Be part of the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Database Services Team. As a MS SQL Server Senior DBA you will be working with other top notch DBAs and Architects in a technologically diverse environment in our best-in-class enterprise data centers. You will be working with SQL Server 2005 through 2008R2, and will be doing all new projects with SQL Server 2012. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. Be part of a team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration and knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals. This is 80-90% production support environment for our "Big Data" business.
Must Have Skills:
* Industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of MS SQL Server DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
* Experience in database environments life cycle management and support of production and development environments
* Technical experience in the following: SQL Server 20005 through 2008R2
* Experience with High Availability and DR solutions (e.g. any of SQL Server Failover Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, and Replication)
* Production Operations & Support and Security Administration
* Must know TSQL, and have experience in automating tasks through moderately complex scripts
* Extensive experience and knowledge working in Windows environments
Other Desired Skills:
* Data Warehousing, Analysis Services, SSIS,
* Experience with SQL Server 2012 a plus
* Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning
* Self-motivated, detail oriented and highly responsible Capable of handling multiple complex assignments and taking on additional responsibilities as delegated
* Two years experience with SQL Server Failover Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, and Replication
* MS SQL Server certification is preferred
What you will do:
Support the database management system [DBMS] and all related software. Share knowledge with other database administrators on the procedures required to manage, administer, and support all development and production databases specific to his/her environment. Provide technical consultation and support to client base on database and data warehouse design and administration projects. Implement solutions based on best practices and document the configuration and deployment process for use by the DBA team. Demonstrate initiative beyond directly assigned tasks, require minimal supervision, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.
Design and Build Database Environments
Work with DB Architect to create database designs that meet the company's business goals. Propose and implement best-in-class tools and practices to support project goals and future evolution of the company's databases. Perform and document the physical database design to comply with DBA standards and provide optimum performance for the application systems. Satisfy the immediate and future requirements from Product Management in the most cost-effective manner. Ensure the effective physical utilization of computing resources by the DBMS in the Development, Test, and Production environments on a day to day basis. Share Knowledge with associates and assist users, peers, and management in the development of new systems or in performing extensive system modifications. Assist in developing estimates and schedules for new projects and/or extensions to existing systems.
Technical Support for DBMS Environments
Provide technical support and perform database administration for all development and production databases on multiple environments. Provide technical guidance to the development and production support teams on troubleshooting database and database-related issues. Handle general problems on own authority and make sound judgments based on diagnostic information. Plan, coordinate, and perform the installation, maintenance, system changes, and upgrades for the SQL Server DBMS environments. Ensure continual success of database builds and production changes by controlling content and context through operational checks and balances. Work as individual contributor and as team player on day-to-day DBA tasks to ensure the DBA team meets its commitments. Provide on-call Production support and participate in the On-Call roster.
1. Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
2. At least 5 years database administration/management experience; strong design/architecture, data migration, database performance & tuning, backup & recovery experience with multiple databases in large scale enterprise environments;
3. Advanced knowledge and understanding of data base administration with applicable Server Integration Services and/or related technology. Strong Transact SQL skills, including coding/debugging/performance tuning of complex stored procedures.
4. Advanced knowledge of database analysis, manipulation, mapping cleansing; data structures; exporting data; data processes/flow; database performance tuning/optimizing; scripting; creating databases and using data analysis tools.
5. Related experience within industry (Risk management/analytics, credit bureau, or Insurance) and related data content are strongly preferred.
6. Advanced knowledge and understanding of ETL tools such as Data Junction or related technologies.
7. Knowledgeable with network platforms and related network technologies.
8. Strong mentorship/leadership (involving the ability to present and train others in small and large groups) and team collaboration with multiple functional groups.
9. Strong interpersonal, communication/presentation skills (verbal and written) tailoring communication method and approach to the needs of the audience (such management, data staff, vendors, and technical/non technical staff).
10. Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously and successfully prioritize and provide project leadership on multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity (including an understanding costs/budgets) through each stage of the project lifecycle, using MS Project or related application; and effectively apply project methodology.
11. Advanced and innovative problem solving; research; analysis; critical thinking; risk assessment and decision making skills for complex database administration and related issues.
12. Willingness to be on call and support critical data issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton, FL
LexisNexis - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...