Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. is a publicly-traded master limited partnership listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and is headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey. Suburban serves the energy needs of its residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers in 41 states.
At Suburban Propane, our employees' commitment to serve our community has made us a leader in the energy business. Now we need your energy to help us continue to deliver the high level of satisfaction and service that our customers expect and deserve !
Suburban’s location in Montpelier VT has several opportunities to handle routing and dispatching in their newly created Distribution Center. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing the delivery business plan that best utilizes the resources of the Distribution Center and produces the desired efficiencies. You will assign and schedule our Drivers for both daily and weekly propane deliveries across diverse geographical areas and climates.
- Assist field locations (CSC’s) with the resolution of delivery inquiries and issues from customers.
- Update and maintain customer orders and customer database.
- Assist in the delivery process by addressing and correcting skipped orders, inaccurate directions, tank obstructions, etc.
- Identify and recommend customer-specific routing and demand forecasting changes to Customer Service Centers (CSC’s) and Distribution Center Manager
- Complete assigned work lists, time-sensitive reports and meet daily critical dispatch deadlines.
- Identify and define the needs of the customers in diverse climates and geographical areas.
- Ensure timely, consistent and open lines of communication between Distribution Center, CSCs, drivers and customers.
- Assist Distribution Center Manager in managing customer retention activities by serving as liaison, when required, between customer and CSCs to ensure customer needs are met.
- Adapt to rapid and significant changes in workload due to weather, road conditions and other factors influencing delivery fleet.
- Adapt to changing work schedules due to seasonal demand, vacation coverage, etc.
- Provide general administrative support as required, i.e. drafting internal communications, filing, relaying processes/procedures
Suburban places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package. For more information or to apply, please visit us at: www.suburbanpropane.jobs
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a dispatch/customer service or call center environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Solid data entry and organizational abilities
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments
- General PC skills (Word, Excel)
- Routing/distribution software experience a plus.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable laws.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply
Suburban Propane - 10 months ago
Ranch-style homes are heated and backyard barbecues fueled by Suburban Propane Partners, a leading US retail propane marketer which competes...