United States, Texas, Dallas
School Librarianship (K-12)/ Learning Resources
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Employer: Dallas Independent School District
Position Type: Teaching
Categories: Media Specialist
School / Org: Multiple Careers
Location Dallas, Texas
No. of Positions: 1
Reference #: EAN009256
Posting Date: 23 January 2011
Dallas Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Multiple Careers
Learning Resources (Librarian) From Grade:9 To Grade:12
= Bachelor's degree in a directly related field; six months experience as a library aide or volunteer
= Knowledge of library science
= Demonstrated ability to instruct and manage student behavior
= Demonstrated strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students to help them locate resources and use
- Consult teachers on appropriate use of materials and help them schedule materials for classroom
opportunities for teachers on the availability and use of campus and district learning resources.
- Serve as information resource for users of library.media center materials and provide staff development
- Effectively plan school library program to meet identified needs.
- Assist in preparation of bibliographies and curriculum guides.
- Manage acquisitions, processing, organizing, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of resources.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of community resource file.
- Maintain schedules for instructional television programs to encourage use of video programs for
level and interests of the students.
- Create a library/media center environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity
library/media services area.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Carry out discipline in accordance with Board policies and administrative regulations.
- Interact with students to promote positive attitudes toward school library.
- Compile, budget, and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with Federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and Board policy in the
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines.
A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director, Human Resources.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
Minimum $45,350 ; Maximum $71,416
POSTING AND APPLICATION:
University of Texas - School of Information
- 4 years ago - save job