GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will review and optimize blast performance for wall control. Assist with geotechnical monitoring as needed and maintain monitoring database. Assist with geotechnical reports and documentation as well as highwall designs and geotechnical investigations as needed. The candidate will also assist with geotechnical mapping and core logging and assist with ground control safety trainings. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or Geological Engineering or equivalent required
- Two (2) to Three (3) years experience working in the geotechnical, mining or geology field preferred
- Excellent safety record with ability to demonstrate safety leadership required
- Team leader, problem solver and excellent oral and written communications skills required
- Ability to work outside in varied weather conditions for extended periods at a time required
- Ability to work closely with peers at any level of expertise required
Barrick Gold Corporation - 14 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and An...