CNO Financial Group is seeking a technical leader of day-to-day operations of the IBM AIX / Redhat Linux server computing environment at CNO. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following:
Selected candidate must be willing to work non-standard hours to support installation and troubleshooting of systems. Required on call support rotation. Some travel to other sites is required.
- Install and maintain Operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance and high availability.
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters to ensure hardware and software compatibility.
- Troubleshoot system problems.
- Define and perform system management functions.
- Ensure conformance to backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage user accounts and access controls as defined by process and/or system champions.
- Develop system specifications and implement complex computing environments.
- Manage Infrastructure projects for the implementation or upgrade of computer equipment and systems.
- Follow Change Control procedures for all Infrastructure changes.
Bachelor's degree in the computer field and minimum of 6-8 years experience with current versions of Redhat Linux / IBM AIX. (If no degree - then a minimum of 8 years experience and related certifications.)
Previous advanced level experience related to technical support of any of the following environments: IBM X and P series hardware, IBM XIV SAN, NetApp San, NFS, NetBackup, Microsoft Windows Server OSs
Must have strong working knowledge of VMware 4.0 and above.
Advanced level experience with server monitoring tools i.e. CA Spectrum and eHealth.
Strong background in backup solutions (both hardware and software).
Advanced level experience with scripting and automation.
Must also have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be capable of assisting in developing strategies as it relates to Redhat Linux / IBM AIX advancements and trends in the industry.
Must be familiar with industry standard Service Desk applications (CA Service Desk, Remedy, etc…)
Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
Strong customer service skills
CNO Financial Group, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job
CNO Financial Group, Inc., formerly Conseco, Inc., is the holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United...