The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under limited direction, underwrite, evaluate and decision loans in accordance with the established underwriting policy and guidelines. Analyze tax returns, financial statements, credit reports, business reports and legal documents. Calculate the necessary ratios to assist in the decision process. Maintain quality credit decisions and turnaround time. Assist with ongoing training of the lender on all loan products and credit fundamentals. Provides support to the Underwriter I/II positions.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Maintain productivity and response times as measured by the current underwriting guidelines
• Maintain quality of credit decisions as measured by current delinquency and loss ratios
• Problem Resolution
• Customer Relations
• Colleague Relations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound judgment
1. Review complex credit applications on various types of loans; analyze applicant’s financial status, credit and property evaluation, corporate tax returns, personal tax returns, personal financial statements, credit reports, business reports and legal documents. Perform credit analysis, analyze appraisals and approve or deny credit applications per authorized lending limits. Approve or deny credit applications per authorized lending limits. Recommend credit decisions to management on requests exceeding assigned lending authority.
2. Use discretionary judgment for approval of credit applications not meeting underwriting policies and procedures. Ensure proper documentation and sign-offs are made for credit exceptions. Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines.
3. Provide credit decisions on servicing requests such as line increases, death and divorce situations; reopen requests, real estate subordinations, partial releases or other types of requests that impact credit risk.
4. Recommend sales opportunities to lender via up sell and cross sell of all applicable bank products.
5. Verify the accuracy and consistency of the Loan Origination System in regards to properly assigning rates, initiating appropriate disclosures, following system parameters and that the calculations for DTI, LTV and credit are correctly populating.
6. Proactively seek solutions with lenders from all business lines to ensure rate, term and application structure on all loan products are compliant with current policies and procedures. Aid in the resolution of any application issues in an effective manner, mutually benefitting our customers and the Bank.
7. Maintain up to date knowledge of current Underwriting policies, guidelines and compliance issues using available resources. Including all lending related Federal and State regulations.
8. Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with customers and colleagues alike. Maintain a positive attitude within the Department by practicing team concepts to achieve common objectives and service standards.
9. Provide training and support to all lending related functions of the bank on loan products, procedures, credit fundamentals and system navigation.
10. Participate with Learning and Development on credit and product development/training sessions as needed.
11. Act as the designate, when appointed, for the Underwriting Manager as needed.
Business Banking Specific Job Accountabilities:
1. Typical credit authority will be up to and including $1,000,000 with aggregate credit exposure up to $1,500,000.
2. Communicate financial analysis of the company to others in simple terms.
3. Preparing credit presentations/memos for loan request analysis and approval.
Residential Lending Specific Job Accountabilities:
1. Ability to accurately underwrite Portfolio, FNMA, FHLMC and Consumer applications.
2. Cross train multiple business lines, including but not limited to retail and correspondent. Support additional business lines as needed.
Minimum Education Associate’s Degree in finance or business related field, or equivalent in work experience
Preferred Education Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business related field
Minimum Experience 5 to 7 years experience with underwriting and lending products, policies and procedures
Preferred Experience 7+ years experience directly related to Business Line specific lending
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines.
Travel Limited travel required. One to two times per month, occasional overnight.
Wisconsin-La Crosse, Wisconsin-Milwaukee
DE PERE - LAWRENCE DRIVE
421 Lawrence Drive Suite 200
Associated Bank - 18 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...