Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 149 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3.
We are seeking candidates for Manager of Digital Metrics & Analytics position in our New York, NY office.
The Manager, Digital Metrics and Analytics will work on the development of digital analytics capabilities, processes and best practices across the business. He/She will report into the Analytics Director and will work closely with sales, content and programming, marketing, product, and external vendors.
1. Work closely with the Analytics Director on the implementation and use of analytics across the company.
2. Establish strong relationships with internal teams to gain an understanding of their strategies, objectives, and tactics to develop a comprehensive measurement plan.
3. Develop standard reporting dashboards with visualizations to aid decision making and overall strategy. 4. Manage a team of analysts to provide continuous insights regarding visitor profiles and behaviors to key stakeholders.
5. Conduct analyses on special programs, product updates/changes, and traffic fluctuations to proactively escalate issues, propose solutions and modify strategies.
6. Manage hierarchies and representation of our digital platforms in third party data sources.
7. Identify third party vendor data inconsistencies and reporting errors and ensure that issues are quickly remedied.
8. Identify technical and functional issues/bugs in analytics implementations and work towards quick resolution.
This is a full-time, temporary position in our New York, NY office. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applicants personally.
- Bachelors degree.
- 6-8 years of experience in digital analytics.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Advanced user of web analytics tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics.
- Experience with comScore/Nielsen syndicated tools.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage vendors and disparate data sources.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to provide insights, not data.
** You will not be a direct employee of Discovery Communications. All temporary positions are payrolled through a 3rd party vendor **
** Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice. Not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. Discovery values the unique point of view each employee brings to the workplace. We strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich audiences we wish to attract and serve **
Discovery Communications and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
TalentZoo.com - 9 months ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...