Position: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: San Francisco, CA
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: $45,000 – $60,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
Opening Date: November 8, 2013
How to apply: To view the full description and apply please click the following link or copy- paste this link on browser. https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9395222
TNDC provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Founded in 1981, the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) houses 3,000 San Franciscans — primarily people who earn $5,000 to $25,000 a year. Serving the Tenderloin and central-city neighborhoods, TNDC also provides support services, including social workers, employment and training assistance and After-School Program, a drop-in center for neighborhood children. TNDC has 31 buildings—with a major new development under construction—with more than 2,300 apartment units and hotel rooms.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for managing systems, implementing continuous improvements, and coaching employees in the following areas:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Post job announcements for vacant positions, log incoming resumes, track job vacancies and assist with hiring process by conducting phone screens, scheduling hiring interviews.
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Supporting hiring managers during the hiring process, as needed.
HRIS, Reporting, and Compliance
- Lead employee enrollment meetings and orientations, enroll and terminate employees in the Infinisource System (as needed).
- Manage benefit billing/payment process.
- Manage open enrollment process.
- Process salary adjustments, merit increases (as needed).
- Manage the wage garnishment process.
- Enter information into the HRIS (i.e. transfers, promotions, new hires, change of address, training)
- Maintain active and terminated personnel files; including performing file audits.
- Compile information from databases to produce routine and specialized reports (OSHA log, Turnover, EEOC, Discrimination testing (Ceridian and MetLife))
- San Francisco Ordinance compliance (i.e. HCSO compliance and any additional reporting as needed)
- Process all EDD paperwork, and meet other HR reporting requirements.
- Maintain staff driving records.
- Visit TNDC work sites to ensure compliance with Federal and State posting requirements.
- Assist employees by answering questions about HR processes.
- Provide administrative support for department: create new hire orientation/supervision binders, create mailings/payroll attachments and distribute to employees, assemble benefit packets, file paperwork.
- Process and create employee ID badges (new hires, transfers, lost IDs).
- Responds to external requests for employment and income verifications.
- Maintain supply of all HR related forms and documents. Revise HR forms as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
TNDC expects all employees to embody the organization’s values, which are as follows:
- Integrity: We strive for candor, respect and honesty. We seek to stand as a model of ethical behavior.
- Excellence: We continue to push ourselves to improve and produce high quality work.
- Diversity: We treat all people with respect and believe that different experiences and perspectives add value.
- Collaboration: We enhance our impact b working together and with others. We create partnerships, solicit and respond to input, and share our knowledge.
- Equity: We strive for economic and social justice for all people, especially those with limited power and resources.
- Able to take initiative, work independently and follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- Able to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion in Human Resources issues.
- Be organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Reliable, punctual, excellent attendance.
- Strong attention to details and follow through.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patient when dealing with challenging employees and personnel matters.
- Able and willing to work well in a diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, organizational development, sociology, communications or similar fields and/or 3 years minimum experience in the Human Resources field.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of HR law, compliance with wage and hour regulations and San Francisco Ordinances.
- 1 year experience working with an employee database.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. EOE.
- Ability to communicate fluently in a language other than English.
- Experience with timesheet/HRIS software, preferably ADP-EZ Labor.
- SHRM Certification (PHR/SPHR).
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation - 12 months ago