Haymarket Media Inc is looking for an experienced developer to lead the design and development of our custom Content Management System that powers our web, mobile, and app platforms. The CMS is built with ASP.NET (Web forms and MVC), SQL Server, nHibernate, SOLR, JQuery, and various other open source frameworks.
You need to be a top-down thinker and developer to ensure that our output is extensible, reusable, and scalable. You also need to be a great communicator and team player as you bridge the gap between design, requirements, and a growing code base. You also need to be a hands-on developer that can write code while keeping an eye on performance and architecture. You stay up to date on emerging technologies and trends and can understand how they could be applied here at Haymarket.
- Architect and implement application features and user stories alone or with others on a schedule and with high quality
- Contributing to key decisions for building out and scaling the system
- Drive the technical design of application features
- Work with team leads to create polished and intuitive product enhancements
- Mentor those with less knowledge/experience through informal means
- Recommend and execute process improvements
- Collaborate with Product Management and QA to ensure requirements are user-centered and testable.
- Extend existing code base in .Net, nHibernate, and SQL
- Keep users and usability in focus at all times
- ASP .Net (3.5/4)
- MVC (Razor view engine)
- C# 4
- SQL Server 2005/8
- JQuery, Ajax
- OO design and development best practices
We are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong desire to work in a demanding environment and a record of high achievement. Successful candidates will have:
Our sites include: racer.com, mycme.com, scmagazine.com, prweekus.com, dmnews.com and many more.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years experience with Web development using Microsoft technologies
- Deep knowledge of C# and ASP.NET, & SQL Server/Relational Database Models
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Demonstrable experience architecting end-to-end database-dependent applications
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity
- A passion for development and software in general, huge plus if you can point us to your github or stackoverflow account or various side projects
- Demonstrated experience in Agile / Scrum development methods.
The US office is based in the Flatiron district of Manhattan.
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below
Haymarket - 2 years ago