For professionals that are passionate about providing extraordinary service, Discover is the employer of choice that offers the best environment to focus on what really matters: the customer. Because only Discover leads the industry in customer service and does it thanks to their highly engaged team members. Does this sound like you?
Our Salt Lake City facility offers fantastic amenities to our employees. Take advantage of the full service cafeteria featuring a deli bar, fresh salads, grille and much more. Enjoy your lunch on the patio or take a stroll on the mile-long walking path. Our employees are also invited to participate in our state of the art fitness center featuring free weights, cardio machines, aerobic classes and locker rooms.
This position would also qualify for the Discover benefits package. Our benefits include available Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k and ESPP.
The position will play a critical role in the successful growth of the Discover Personal Loans (DPL) product. The DPL Sr. Underwriter will be a key point of contact throughout the product delivery cycle.
This unique position combines both the responsibilities of a Loan Officer to understand the clients goals while designing a loan and the Underwriters' abilities to meet the loan requirements and make a lending decision.
Specifically, the Sr. Underwriters functions will include; handling incoming acquisition calls, designing and selling the features/benefits of the product, completing the credit application, facilitating the various components of the application decisioning process (identity, verification, judgmental review), negotiating loan terms (loan amount, term, APR), gaining applicant acceptance of the offer, and building portfolio receivables by initiating loan activation.
Candidates must possess the following;
* Minimum of six months of credit lending experience preferred.
* Outstanding customer engagement skills.
* Strong sales/service orientation.
* High proficiency as it relates to technical job knowledge.
* Aptitude to decision loan applications in a judgmental review environment.
* Superior verbal/written communication skills.
* High level of enthusiasm and professionalism.
* Outstanding analytical skills.
* Willingness to ask probing questions during the application development process.
* Ability to effectively work in a team environment, and demonstrated proficiency with computer systems and equipment.
The eagerness to assist clients in finding solutions to their lending needs.
Schedules would be M-F w/rotating weekends of Saturday or Sunday. AM & PM shifts available.
Discover Financial Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...