Info Tech Audit Specialist
Job Description: Conducts and supports Information Technology related audits by examining and verifying system, accounting, statistical or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of financial and control systems.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Defining expectations and perform audit testing for IT audit projects including objectives, initial planning activities, key contacts, and scope of the project.
- Leveraging in-depth knowledge of IT to ensure each audit successfully develops risk assessments and completion of integrated audits or proactive assurance of the area.
- Influencing and negotiating process improvements with business owners.
- Providing recommendations on the design of controls into new and existing business processes.
- Ensuring that identified control gaps are resolved.
- Developing and communicating audit plans based on in-depth business knowledge.
- Developing an audit specialty in an area of IT such as Network Security, SAP, Data Protection, Change Management or Systems Development. This will involve focusing your audit work in this areas, and potentially involve obtaining and maintaining an in-depth understanding of this area, keeping current of new programs or business changes and the relevant risk implications, developing the audit plan.
- Communicating and aligning goals with key stakeholders.
- Cultivating channels of communication to keep stakeholders involved.
- Recognizing varied and conflicting stakeholder input and reconciles it without coaching.
- Proactively using relationships to gain cooperation between groups to meet cross group objectives.
- Getting buy-in and support from difficult groups or stakeholders.
- Developing an influence strategy to address key issues.
- Actively building a network of relationships with peers and management and leverages them to gain business understanding and identifying key risk areas.
You should possess a Bachelor of Arts degree with more than five years of experience or an M.B.A. with more than three years of related experience. CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM and/or CFE is preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
- In depth technical knowledge of IT systems and IT controls, including areas such as network security, logical access and change management controls at an infrastructure and application level, databases and systems maintenance and others.
- Advanced proficiency of the fundamental audit competencies (risk management and control, communication, business acumen, influence, problem solving) in addition to demonstrated proficiency.
- Advanced communication, business acumen and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and locally for extended periods which may be up to 25%-70% of your time depending on the audit engagement and locality.
USA-California, Santa Clara, USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
Feb 22, 2013
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
An IT Internal Audit position at Intel provides successful candidates with the opportunity for direct interface and influencing of senior management and exposure to the worldwide organizations within Intel.
Position is in Finance supporting the Information Technology Area.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...