Assists with food preparation, food service, and general duties of the dietary department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists in the preparation of food and is responsible for serving meals, snacks, and beverages using portion control and applicable sanitation practices.
2. Keeps the kitchen, dietary equipment, and dining room clean and sanitary at all times, including work areas and floors and according to assignment.
3. Operates the dishwasher and properly stores pots, dishes and utensils.
4. Responsible for delivering meals to resident rooms, setting-up meal trays in accordance to diet orders and tray cards, ensuring residents are served proper diet and food preferences in a timely manner.
5. Ensures proper labeling of foods to be stored.
6. Follows community fire safety, infection control practices and hazardous chemical practices, and uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in accordance to health department procedures.
7. Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment to dietary services supervisor immediately.
8. Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards and promotes residents and staff rights.
9. Resets the dining room for the next meal and makes sure supplies are available for the next meal.
10. Assists in storing incoming food and supplies as assigned and performs related duties as requested.
11. Assist others with lifting, as required.
12. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School degree and minimal experience working with the public. Able to read and understand written and verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
Sign- on bonus: No
Prestige Care, Inc. - 21 months ago
Prestige Care operates Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care communities in eight US states. Although...