We’re a global Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader serving thousands of the world’s top brands, while remaining a fun and fast-paced company that encourages passion and creativity on a daily basis. As we’ve grown, with offices from Sao Paulo, Brazil to San Francisco, Munich, Germany to Sydney, Australia, we’ve retained our small-company atmosphere where employees are encouraged to share ideas and make them realities. By partnering state-of-the-art technology and dedicated leadership with the best and brightest employees in the industry, ExactTarget fosters a culture of constant innovation and growth. Consistently ranked by employees as one of the “Best Places to Work,” we encourage you to find out what being “ORANGE” is all about!
ABOUT THE POSITION
ExactTarget is seeking an experienced data warehouse engineer. You will be a part of the data team in the Corporate Information Systems department. The team currently consists of the Senior Systems Architect, the Information Architect, and a Senior Business Intelligence Developer.
As a member of the data team, you will work on implementing the new decision support system built on SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint 2013 as well as assist in supporting the current Business Objects environment with an eye on retiring and replacing it with the new system. While this is the very latest Microsoft technology, it is understood that your experience is likely in an earlier version of these tools, and after an initial employment period, training will be available.
• Partner with Business Analysts to document business requirements and translate those requirements into business process dimensional models following the Kimball Lifecycle approach.
• Provide support for the production environment including responding to user support requests, tracking problems and issues, and maintaining ETL changes due to source system or business process changes.
• Implement and adhere to team standards for database naming conventions, ETL package design and reporting to keep the process as repeatable and understandable as possible for new team members.
• Provide mentoring and guidance for less experienced team members as they come on board.
• Participate in weekly code review and design sessions.
• Ability to document your work and provide regular feedback on project and task status to project management and your peers.
• Developing ETL using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services and an enterprise workload automation tool (sourcing multiple other types of databases, flat files, etc.)
• Developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel Services in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.
• Dimensional Modeling (Kimball style) using ERwin data modeler.
• Database performance tuning (understanding query plans, indexing, aggregations).
• T-SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions etc.
• SQL Server Analysis Services experience.
• Experience hosting BI portals in SharePoint.
• ORACLE databases and/or ORACLE E-Business Suite.
• SAP Business Objects (data services).
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com.
• Some experience with an enterprise workload automation/job scheduler (ActiveBatch, Autosys, Control-M, etc.)
• Reporting with any kind of visualization tool.
• BI Portal building experience.
• Data modeling tool experience (ERwin preferred).
• Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
• Experience: 6 to 10 years of Business Intelligence experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (with emphasis on following up with users).
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment with little oversight
Work attire is casual. While the majority of our team works in the Indy office, we can provide flexibility if employees need to work offsite on certain days/times.
We are looking for intelligent, versatile, well-rounded individuals who show initiative, aren’t afraid of change and want to become game-changers. It wouldn't hurt if you had a good sense of humor and work ethic, enjoyed having co-workers as friends and were excited about working with an entrepreneurial group of professionals dedicated to customer success.
ExactTarget.com - 20 months ago