Jan 15, 2013, 11:43:32 AM
Feb 14, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Middleware System Administrator - Senior Analyst
DIMENSION & SCOPE:
Delivery of superior Technical Services. Responsible for implementation; configuration; planning; problem analysis; performance and tuning of J2EE Middleware Technical Infrastructure. Provide Technical Consultation to Business and Resource Units on J2EE Middleware to ensure optimal performance associated with the Hardware; Application; Database and Operating System Environments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide installation and support for J2EE Middleware software.
- Monitor and manage J2EE Middleware performance.
- Provide direction, installation and support of Enterprise System Management including escalation and system performance of Production Platforms as it relates to J2EE Middleware.
- Function as third-tier support for J2EE Middleware Software, with escalation to Vendor for hardware and software issue resolution
- Develop and maintain plan to ensure successful recovery of the J2EE Middleware Application Environments in the event of a disaster according to Corporate Disaster Recovery Policy.
- Perform Systems analysis and tuning to insure optimal J2EE Middleware Application response for multi-user Environments.
- Provide technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives
- Recommend improvements; manage/maintain Production and non-Production J2EE Middleware Systems to ensure Infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency.
- Implement/maintain Corporate Data Security guidelines as directed.
- Provide on-call technical support via pager as required.
We are seeking an experienced Web Middleware System Administrator to join a Team of Engineers in support of our current Production, QA, Development and Disaster Recovery Web Middleware Application Environments.
The successful Candidate will be able to:
Install & configure J2EE Middleware Application Environments.
Monitor the health of the J2EE Middleware Application Environments.
Perform Application Code migrations through the various Environments as needed.
Perform Root Cause troubleshooting / analysis of J2EE Middleware Application issues.
Install required J2EE Middleware Application patches.
Assist with performance Stress Testing / Tuning.
Mentor the remaining Team Engineers in same as required.
The Candidate should also have advanced skills working on:
Solaris 9/10 UNIX Platforms,
Windows 2000, 2003, 2008.
In addition the Candidate will be responsible for creating applicable Support Documentation and Processes.
- Must have solid Presentation skills and working experience with Office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- It is desirable that the Candidate be able to learn and gain proficiency in new Technologies quickly as well as be able to work independently towards well defined goals.
J2EE Middleware Application experience (Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
Web Server Software on Windows and UNIX Platforms (IIS, Apache, etc.).
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA Degree in IT field and two+ years relevant experience OR
- Minimum four years relevant experience without college degree AND
- Profession Certifications such as Solaris Administrator, J2EE Administrator, Microsoft MSCE, etc.
NorthgateArinso, Inc. is a leading global Human Resources software and services provider offering innovative HR business solutions to employers of all sizes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Project’s role in meeting Departmental objectives.
- Advanced Business knowledge and superior Project Management skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision on a complex Projects.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Incumbents at this level must be fully familiar with all aspects of Information Technologies including: Hardware, Operating Systems, Network protocols, Clustering, Load-balancing, Web Software, SSL Management, etc.
We help HR executives optimize their HR service delivery through smarter processes and more efficient technology, supporting workforce administration, payroll, benefits, recruitment, learning and talent management.
NorthgateArinso offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and career advancement opportunities.
NorthgateArinso, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be accepted and assigned to jobs and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications as protected by applicable state or local laws "unless specifically exempted pursuant to applicable law".