Who we are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The Pathology department has an opening for a summer intern. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Who you are
- To perform nonisotopic in situ hybridization.
- To perform immunohistochemistry.
- To perform histochemical stains.
- To perform necropsy of preclinical models.
- To interpret in situ studies using a microscope.
- To write an abstract.
- To communicate their findings in an oral presentation and a poster.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- At least 6 months experience working in an academic pathology department.
- To be entering the final year of their BSc, or have completed an intercalated BSc as an undergarduate medical student.
- Experience conducting in situ studies, including immunohistochemistry and histochemical stains.
- Experience with virtual microscopy and digital image analysis.
Genentech, Inc. (Genentech) is a biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes pharmaceutical products to...