The Director of Accounting works closely with all facets of our organization, including the executive leadership team to lead accounting, financial reporting, and payroll of the company as it expands within the US and internationally. This position will develop and improve accounting processes and systems in order to drive efficiencies and best practices. Organization, detail-orientation, and communication are critical to the success of this role. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure FASB, GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Manage the accounting, payroll and financial reporting teams, including the establishment of operational objectives and assignments.
- Manage monthly accounting close efforts including the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions and eliminations and maintenance of company chart accounts.
- Direct the development and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages and analysis.
- Perform accounting research and implementation of accounting standards.
- Oversee all payroll processing and payroll accounting functions, including review of periodic payroll and filing of all taxes.
- Establish, implement and administer internal control policies, procedures and processes for accounting operations.
- Lead the communication and implementation of new accounting practices, policies, and procedures across the Company, both domestically and internationally.
- Ensure financial systems are appropriate for tasks performed and are developed, tested, and implemented appropriately
- Support financial planning, analysis, and reporting efforts including budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversee the annual audit process, both domestically and internationally
- Work with local agencies and independent auditors in all countries in the preparation of required statutory reporting
- Develop training and development opportunities for the accounting team.
- Participate in transfer pricing development and implementation.
- Work with tax experts in the development of appropriate tax strategies and preparation of relevant tax return filings
- Work with the Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer on implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems
Skills and Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on accounting or finance
- Comprehensive understanding or financial accounting and reporting under GAAP, IFRS and SEC requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures, internal controls, and risk mitigation.
- Adept at creating practical solutions to daily business challenges.
- Excellent planning, analysis and execution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Proven success leading a team of people to achieve specified objectives using a collaborative management style.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Ecommerce or Retail industry background
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environments
- Collaborative and customer-service work style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint software applications.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Previous professional work experience: A minimum of 10 years accounting work experience. A minimum of 5 years public accounting experience and a minimum of 5 years additional experience in private industry. A minimum of 4 years successfully managing a team of people.
zulily - 17 months ago