Position Summary The SDET Serves as a testing engineer on the IT team as a peer to the Development staff. Assists the Development team in defining functionality and system design to ensure logical and testable system requirements for both existing and new applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with business experts and developers under the guidance of the Lead SDET to formalize customer requirements and translate them into testable user scenarios
- Helps design and develop automation tools for functional, regression, and integration testing as directed by the Lead SDET
- Engages in black box and white box testing of products in a dynamic development environment
- Helps facilitate continuous improvement of all areas of the team’s tools and processes
- Provides input to define strategies for measuring product quality and testing techniques
- Is a key individual contributor on projects. Helps drive a project, from a technical standpoint, independently resolving issues.
- Involved with research and development, data mining and innovative testing techniques.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field and three years hands-on related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with three or more years’ experience with white and black box testing.
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to work effectively through collaboration across disciplines, feature teams, and partners.
- Expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality measurement.
- Prior extensive experience writing test plans and test automation
- Test tool development experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multi -deadline environment
Computer and Technical Skills:
Certificates and Licenses:
- In depth experience with C# and SQL
- Strong OOP knowledge and expertise
- Agile SDLC, particularly SCRUM
- Security, stress, performance, CHO (Continuous Hours of Operation) testing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents.
- Ability to write reports, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of employees, managers and customers
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance and sampling theory
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus to read a computer screen and various documents. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers for keyboarding or similar use of hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to talk and hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Efinancial Insurance Services - 2 years ago