Research Associate – Statistical Programmer
The Health Economics Resource Center (HERC) conducts cutting-edge research to improve the efficiency and value of the U.S. health care system. We invite you to join our group of economists, programmers, and research support staff in fulfilling this mission. More information about our center can be found at http://www.herc.research.va.gov.
We are hiring a researcher with strong programming skills and a health care background. You will prepare and analyze data sets on health care utilization and costs, contribute to scientific papers on health economics and the cost-effectiveness of medical care, create handbooks on economics research methods, and help our research consulting service answer questions from medical researchers throughout the U.S.
In order to apply for this position, you must have the following qualifications:
1. Experience in SAS or Stata programming required. Knowledge of Biostatistics preferred.
2. The ability to express yourself clearly in written and spoken English.
3. A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of additional schooling or work experience that required a significant amount of programming.
4. Familiarity with medical terms and the U.S. health care system. This requirement can be met with work experience in a clinical, research or health care finance setting, or with a degree in public health, health services, or a related field.
5. U.S. citizenship is required. Permanent residency is not sufficient.
Starting salary is based on education and job-related experience, with a range of $56,172-$105,897, plus employee benefits.
Please apply through the USA Jobs website, Job Announcement Number: 879668KD
You must be able to travel at your own expense to Menlo Park, California for an in-person interview.
- A c.v. / resume, including your email address and telephone number
- A letter of interest
- A writing sample
- A sample of your programming work, preferably in SAS
- An unofficial academic transcript
- Three names and contact information of professional or academic references
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Health Economics Resource Center
VA Palo Alto Health Care System
No phone calls, please.
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...